Saturday, February 27, 2010

Life of the Insane

"The definition of insanity is doing the SAME thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Most of the time, we picture someone insane if he/she is wearing a straight jacket and lives in the inner Mandaluyong or the so-called sibling of Sisa. But, with Einstein's definition, I guess it simply means a normal person who lives a life of cycles. In my Abnormal Psychology class, I remember my late professor, Sir Bob, taught us that no one is normal and that we all have our abnormalities but it just depends on the level. Come to think of it, it's quite true. It just so happen that we accept certain characteristics, as dictated by the society, to be normal. However, according to Christianity, these abnormalities are caused by sin. We became dysfunctional because of the sin that we have done or passed on by the older generation.

Looking back at my life, I realized that I've been insane all the while. For instance, I have had relationship problems. I do have lots of friends but I have the tendency to be controlling of them (although unconsciously) especially when the friendship becomes deeper...then when they didn't reach my expectations, I get hurt and frustrated then I detach from them. Then, I put the blame on them. It just goes on and on like that for the last 16 years. Mean isn't it? I didn't realize that I was doing the wrong thing because I thought it was "normal". Until one day in my lowest point, last 2007, God had spoken to me to surrender all my relationships to Him. He made me realize that I'm already a co-dependency addict. I do want to change my ways that's why I'm now conscious of the mistakes I've done before...and I want to be fully healed.

I praise God for giving me the opportunity to be part of Glorious Hope Recovery Program (GH). GH helped me open my eyes to the habits and addictions that I've been doing to troubleshoot my life. These habits were also passed on from generation to generation that's why it seems "normal" to have them in my life. I know that I can be victorious in my life with the help of God through GH!

No comments:

Post a Comment