Thursday, May 20, 2010

God's Provision Involves His Instruments

It's hard to have no money to spend especially in my career where in there are a lot of social activities. There's no such thing as FREE these days. It is really a test of faith on my part, holding on to His promises that He will provide for my needs. But one thing I realized is that God is teaching me some other things. He is molding my personality as He wants me to be. He wants me to rely on His provisions by involving people and/or institutions around me. In short He wants me to learn that I also needed help.

I am the eldest in our family and I am the provider. Also, I make sure that I will be the one to help and not being helped. I always have this thought that they need me more than I need them. For the past years, I always have enough money to spend and most of the time, I have more than enough. But this time around, it seems like all my monetary resources are easily gone. While contemplating last night, God spoke to me through the verse Romans 8:35 which says,

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" 
Also, in Matthew 6:25-27, 

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" 

He assured me that He will provide for my needs and I need not worry. However, He will use people and/or institutions around me for His provisions. It is hard for me to borrow money from anyone but if that is what God is teaching me, to allow people or institutions to help me and that I also needed help, then, by faith and humility, I will follow. God is my Jehovah Jireh!

2 comments:

  1. Hi She, I'm blessed with the verse you quoted and your reflection. That is so true! In addition to that, 2 chapters later, it is written: "He who did not spare His own son but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32) God didn't even give us even a small reason for us to not trust in Him to provide for us. Imagine, giving His own Son to die for us? Eternal provision yan not just for this lifetime or to get you through the next payday.

    We should continue to seek God in everything we do/feel/experience/everything! Consulting His Word, that never fails too! :) Thanks for reminding me, She! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jombie! Thanks for your comment! Indeed God provides for our needs. And, by remembering what Christ did for us is a provision beyond explanation and expectation. God bless you too! :)

    ReplyDelete