Thursday, May 27, 2010

Promises: Protection, Provision and Peace...

For the past few days, I was so worried about what will happen in my life. I'll be losing my job in a few days and I am not quite sure how my next job will be. I am having limited monetary funds and I need to pay up so much debts. Also, I am so busy that my time with God is quite limited. I just don't know what I should do. It seems like my life is a "storm" in the heat of the summer!

However, God kept on reminding me to trust Him and with His still small voice, He was telling me that He is with me. Finally, I was given a time to spend time with Him in Soularium yesterday. He prompted me to read Psalms 125-135 and it was so amazing that He spoke to me through those verses. He assured me that I need not worry about what will happen to me and gave me three promises: Protection, Provision and Peace. But the condition is, I need to fear Him and wait on Him. He also gave me an example through the story of Saul and Jonathan in 1 Samuel 13-14:23 that I should wait on the Lord in everything I do.

I know that waiting could be a problem for me but since this is His command to me, I have to be still and know that HE IS GOD! He will be the one to fight my battles and I will get through this storm in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment