Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Double Life

We all wear different masks everyday. Masks that would make people laugh and masks that would make them cry. It's easy to play a role wearing a mask because people won't know who you really are. We live our lives according to what the society dictates but when you start to remove your mask and try to live your life according to who you really are, then, society will slowly depart from you.

Living a double life could become very tiring. On one hand, this is who I am but on the other, this is what the society wants. Then, as a Christian, society's pressure has more weight. It's easy to just go with the flow and "kiss" society's dictates but being a Christian, I have a higher standard. I know of a lot of Christians who are "righteous" in front of a lot of people but in their own personal lives, they are not. Hypocrites! I am also guilty as charged. After much contemplating, I was reminded that I am shaming no one but God. I have to practice what I preach and be real for a change.

Society may persecute me but I love God more than them. I know that in the end, I will be left alone. But, being alone with God...I'd long for that more than being with the society without God.

No comments:

Post a Comment