Monday, April 5, 2010

Integrity: A Tool for Evangelism

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." Matthew 5:37

Integrity is a virtue we often have over looked. We always make promises and break them. A person without integrity makes him/her a liar. I am guilty of not having integrity towards others and God. All my life I have made a lot of promises I could not keep. And it's very shameful. I want to change that attitude and with God's help, I know I can change. From now on, I will see to it that whatever comes out from my mouth, I make sure I have to follow through with my actions. Else, this would be the easiest way to loose friendships and other important relationships.

I also believe that integrity is one core characteristic that attracts people to Christ. If I share the gospel and not live according to it, then, I am no different from the world. The Bible says that as a Christian, I have to be set apart from the world (Romans 12:1-2). I don't need to have a dramatic testimony to tell. I only need to be a person who keeps her promises and this can be the greatest tool to share the gospel to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment