Monday, April 12, 2010

God's Provision

The other day, I realized that I no longer have enough money until the next pay day. That's like about 6 days. So I just prayed and asked God to open my eyes that I may see where I could get some cash. Then he impressed on me that I have a friend who owes me some cash. And, that cash would be more than enough until the next pay day. I was able to get it last Saturday.

However, I left my wallet today at home. It's kinda hard but I saw God's hand moving today. It was a test of faith for me even with the simple things. God allowed this to happen to me so that I could learn how to trust Him. And, amazingly, He did provide for me. He didn't allow me to starve today and gave me enough money to go to the office and home. You may wonder how I can manage to survive a day without my wallet but it's just simple. When I left home, I only have P40 in my pocket. When I reached the office, God impressed on me that I have a meal allowance for last week that I didn't get until I asked today...that's P160. Since today is Monday, our lunch was covered by the company. Then in the afternoon, we had a meeting then the company provided some snacks. I hitched a ride wit our sales manager then got off at a mall near our house. I was still able to buy some bread then go home.

God is truly amazing! Even in this small way, He provided...what more on greater things? It is very clear in Matthew 6 that we should not worry about the things that we need because God will provide. Just like how He feeds the sparrow and other wild animals, He will likewise do it to us. I know I will be facing a lot of giants and lackness in my life but by faith, I know God will provide. He is my Jehovah Jireh!

No comments:

Post a Comment