Friday, April 2, 2010

Taking the Big Leap

You want to be better? Move out from your comfort zone and file a resignation. Most successful people have one common characteristic...they have non-stop learning capabilities and is not afraid to take risks. Imagine seeing the beautiful horizon, the green grass and a different lifestyle that makes you happy...but before you can reach the other side, you need to leap from one cliff to another and you'll never know how deep it is and what's down there. Scary but exciting! I was able to meet two people during this Holy Week that inspired me to be better and take a big leap.

Both left their families to seek for better lives. They both have the courage to leave their comfortable lives just to follow what they wanted to do. They don't need to leave because their families are well off people. Have their own family businesses but they chose to start life from scratch. Both took the lowest job position in their field of profession but they don't mind. Although there are a lot of times when they're having a hard time, they strive and make way to find their resources. And amazingly, they were blessed to be provided for anything they need.

I've always wanted to be better. I only don't have the courage to leave my comfort zone because I don't have any savings yet. I always tell myself that when I have enough money, I will leave my life here and go to the province. But, come to think of it, when will that happen? What's holding me back? The urban life has made me enjoy life too much with a high cost of living and chasing after the wind. Letting go of relationships also make it harder for me to step up. If I want to live a new life, I have to take a BIG LEAP to move out and start anew. But when? I want to do it now. However, I need to have enough courage to do it. Maybe, after three years. We'll see...as they say, "let's cross the bridge when we get there."

No comments:

Post a Comment