Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God's Perfect Timing for His Perfect Blessings

"In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time." This is a common children's hymn but is also very applicable even for adults. When we were kids, we were often excited when our birthdays and Christmas comes because we know that during these days, we will receive lots of gifts. Or, sometimes, when our parents promised us something, we often look forward to that day when we will receive it. But often times, growing up, we get broken promises from our human relationships. That's why most of the time, we see God as someone who will also break His promises. We are doubtful if He will truly provide or not because as adults, we hate waiting and anticipating. The excitement when we were kids has already gone.

But when we read the bible, God's promises were never broken...from the old to the new testament. He just knows the right timing and He knows that what we're asking for is something we can handle. He just wants to make sure that we are already responsible enough to get what we are asking for. God wants to bless us and He has promised to provide for all our needs. The condition: we must follow His will for us.

For example, when I was a kid, my mom would tell me to achieve a perfect grade then she will reward me. Since I love pizza, that's the reward I will ask from her and I will be motivated to do my best to please her and perform well in school. Then when the test papers came and I made it, we will have Friday Night Pizza at Pizza Hut. Then, I will be satisfied. However, there are times when I asked my mom if I can go out with my friends, she just refused. Back then, I was 12 and didn't know why she won't allow me. I was so disappointed and really get mad at her. Though she would explain to me the reason, I just won't buy it. So, I disobeyed and just go out with my friends. On my second year in college, my cellphone was snatched in the jeepney. Then I realized that she was just protecting me from the bad guys in the metro. Unfortunately, she already passed away when I learned that lesson.

Looking at my walk with God, it's pretty much the same with a parent-child relationship. God knows what's best for me and I must hold on to His promises. I have to keep on anticipating because I know that if I'm on the right track, everything will be perfect and I'd be able to see His blessings shower. I didn't say that everything will be smooth sailing because even when a situation seems wrong, it will become right after I have gone through it. Patience is also a key factor. Just wait on the Lord because He has the best plan in my life and yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment