Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Letter to God

Since today is Resurrection Sunday, I will make my blog a bit different to commemorate His sacrifice for all of us...

Dear God,

I don't know how to start this blog for this special day. But I pray that through this simple letter to You, I'd be able to touch the lives of the people. Looking back at my life, I grew up in the midst of the church. I received you as my personal Lord and Savior when I was in grade 3. All my family member and relatives are Your children. I memorized a lot of Bible Verses and know almost all Bible stories. I've had ministries left and right and go to missions and retreats during summer. I thought I have done all the right thing to please You already, but I was wrong. I still felt empty and don't know what to do. I filled my life with a lot of relationships thinking that they would satisfy me but people just come and go. Until one day, You spoke to me that You want a real relationship with me. Then I realized that You have been speaking to me but I won't listen.

When I recommitted my life to You, You quickly embraced me. I felt excited and at peace. I would never exchange that moment to any other thing in this world! Though there are times when I tried to run away from You, I can feel that You won't let go of me. I was mad at You and gave You a lot of "whys?" But I thank You because if You had let me go, my life will be ruined. You were just protecting me. There are times, You just allowed me to go my way because You want me to learn a few things and You know that I will always come running back to You. And, You still accepted me. Thank You for loving me though I have not loved You whole heartedly. You are the best Dad, Friend and Lover I ever had.

On this day, as I remember what You have done to save me, I am truly grateful! Words can't explain the overwhelming love that You have shown me! There's no greater love than this! Death's sting is gone because You have the victory! Thank You Jesus! I love You!

Your child,
Sheryl Fung

No comments:

Post a Comment