Thursday, March 18, 2010

Closed Door, Open Windows

Opportunities are everywhere. It's just a matter of how sensitive you are to them. There are some good and bad ones but you will never know what it is until you took the risk to grab it. That's why you need to have the discernment whether you will grab it or not.

Most of the time, I aspire to have a better life and career. When a door is closed, windows would suddenly open. I had a lot of offers from different people and I have to filter everything to grab the best one that would also be beneficial to me. There are also times when I have to force a door to be closed because it's becoming toxic and suffocating. Sometimes, a window may look good but it would turn out that it's not right for me so, I have to close it too. For example, I had suppliers who would offer me very good products but since I don't need them, I'll have to turn them down. But there are times when they offer me products, I would grab it...not because I need it now but it would help me in the future.

One realization I had about opportunities is that if you can not hold everything in your hands, better give it away. And those you gave away will be compensated with something better and something you need. I remember a quote that says: "Your garbage is someone else's treasure." The Bible also says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Luke 6:38). As a human being, I'm naturally selfish but as a Christian, "my cup will overflow" if I give. Besides, how can I receive more blessings if my hands are full? Imagine our world if we all give...life would be far better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment