Monday, March 15, 2010

Final Exam

Imagine yourself in a court room walking down the aisle towards the judge. He then asked you, "How did you live your life?" At this time, you're confused of the question because you know you had a good life and you did everything you can to live life to the fullest but at the back of your mind, it seems you have not lived it well. After a few seconds, you confidently answered, "Sir, I'm pretty sure that my life was lived to the fullest! And if I have to live my life again, I would live it the same way too!" The Judge then asked you, "Are you sure? Have you lived your life according to my will? Since you have committed to follow me, have you REALLY lived your life to the fullest for my sake?" I'm sure, cold sweat would start to fall all over your body.

In the future, this scenario will happen in our life. We will all go down His judgement seat and be interrogated. It's like an oral exam where in we will be given a chance to ansewer everyhing correctly to get our final grade. It will also be the time whether you'd be able to get a reward or not, based on our answers. I honestly hate oral exams especially if I'm not sure of the answer or if I didn't study well. It would be very shameful if I didn't answer correctly then I won't deserve a very good grade. Since I want to have good grades in my final report card, I need to prepare for it. This is exactly what we should do prior to the judgement seat of Christ. We need to prepare for it to deserve the statement "you're a good and faithful servant" and be crowned as a symbol of the reward. I honestly have not been preparing well and I am not yet ready to face Jesus in His judgement seat. But I have re-committed and will re-live my life from this day on so that I could pass my final exam. How about you, are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment