Thursday, March 11, 2010

Have a Break...

Getting sick could be the worst or the best time of my life. I honestly hate it when I get sick because I need to do a lot of stuff and I can't function well. But thinking about it, getting sick turned out to be a blessing for me. I was able to rest. I slept almost the whole morning and never thought of any time table or agenda. Although I had to do some report but I practically had the whole afternoon to slowly do it and really think about the right words to say. It's not that I hate being in the office but there are really times that my mind could be functional when I don't feel any pressure around the four walls of the office.

My friends know me as being always on the go but taking a time to rest gives me the opportunity to see things clearly and from another perspective. It's also the time when I could stop and stare at the trees outside my window without anyone telling me "what are you staring at?!" or "get up on your feet and get going!" Rest is very important especially in a fast paced society. One realization I made today was there's nothing wrong if I take some time off because to function well means to get enough rest. Don't let sickness be a reason for you to rest but it's important to find time to relax and unwind. Vacation is just around the corner, so plan ahead and enjoy a couple of days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment