Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Girl's Dream

Every girl has her own ideal wedding. Her wedding will always be the most memorable event in her lifetime. And it is the time when all eyes will be on her. This afternoon, I attended a Wedding Expo to support a friend who has a photography booth there. Almost 60% of the exhibitors were photographers...it just means that 1. we Pinoys love to have "Kodak" moments and 2. the perfect wedding has to have documented memories.

It's just amazing to see that the focus of most pictures were of the bride's. She's at her best from pre-nup to the wedding preparation to the ceremony and the reception. While looking at those pictures, I can't help but think when will my wedding day be? If I would be given a chance to practice my own wedding, just for the sake of experiencing it, I would grab that opportunity! I already have a motif, ideal wedding gown, venue etc. except for the groom. Although I don't know whether I'd be able to get married or not but I can't help smiling everytime I imagine myself walking down the "sandy" aisle listening to "Love Moves in Mysterious Ways".

Anyway, I'm sure that every bride will have her perfect wedding and this is just a once in a lifetime experience. However, when she becomes a wife, she will then experience imperfect marriages which will last a lifetime. Weddings may be the end of the single life but it is a start of a life with a partner. It's just sad that there are a lot of couples today who forgot about their wedding vows..."for better of worse, for richer or poorer, til death do us part..." that they end up having an annulment or divorce all because of a simple problem. What happened to their vows? My prayer, that each couple refresh their love for each other by looking at the wedding photos once in a while. Maybe, just maybe, this could help lessen the break-ups. Besides, they paid for the documentation of memories. And to all my friends and families who will get married this year, cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment