Friday, March 19, 2010

Fruit of the Spirit: Patience

I'm the kind of person who's very aggressive. I hate waiting and I want things to be done right away. But one thing I learned is that being still can help me do things better. They say that patience is a virtue and since it's a virtue, it's something easier said than done. Being still can help you focus on what you should do and do it in an orderly manner. Else, you will be like a headless chicken always on the run.

This afternoon, I was on my way to meet someone. I thought I won't make it on time because I left something in the office that I have to go back and get it. Although, I was just a few meters away, but still, time is running fast. If I got pissed off at myself for forgetting it, then waiting for the bus under the sun won't be fun. However, I said to myself that maybe there was a purpose why I left my stuff. And, true enough, that short delay became perfect timing. It was amazing because I was able to catch the bus right on time (seated on the window side too!), reached my destination earlier than my scheduled appointment and was able to have a quick and very cheap lunch. Then, the meeting went on smoothly and got a positive call. When I was about to go home, the person's colleague offered me a ride and dropped me off near my house. God is so amazing! I know that His hands are moving today. So, again, I would claim that "this is the day that the Lord has made!"

It's hard to be still especially if you have a time frame or a deadline. But when you claim that God will rule this day, He will put all the puzzle pieces together in a perfect timing. You may seem not to understand it at first, but at the end of the day, you will realize that delays happen for a reason. And if I got impatient during the day, I might not be able talk to the person properly and might end up giving him a bad impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment