Monday, March 8, 2010

Truth About Responsibility

Spiderman once said, "Great power comes with great responsibility." The higher one goes up the success ladder, more responsibilities will come. Although most of the time, it may seem he or she is doing "nothing" but when the organization falls apart, that person is to be blamed. We love responsibilities when everything goes smoothly but when everything is not turning out right, we blame others.

A good leader takes responsibility whether the situation is good or bad. He or she is, most of the time, the troubleshooter in each situation and should keep a cool head. Most of the time a good leader is being mocked by a lot of people because they can't seem to find anything wrong about him/her. And, if he/she did something wrong, the people around him/her will be treated as if he/she did a henous crime. Well, that's what life is all about...it's already our nature that we envy people who are ahead of us and we try to bring them down.

This is a lesson that hit me hard today. I had some misunderstanding with one of our sales people about our sampling date. It could have been easier for me to blame him by not clarifying the date with me but since I'm a Christian and also one of the leaders, I have to swallow my pride and take responsibility. I know that in one way or another, I'd hear some people around me making a big deal out of this but I have to keep my word. I'll just make a solution out of it rather than sulk about the problem. Besides, we all learn from our mistakes and failures are healthy tools for a successful career. Therefore, my quotation now would be: "Great power comes with great responsibility and failures make us a successful person."

No comments:

Post a Comment